When to Redesign your Website?
Well, you may need a website redesign if you think that your website could be doing more for your business. A website redesign is sort of like a house remodel: it is a way to refresh your space and make it feel more welcoming. And it can be one of the best ways to improve your brand visibility and attract new customers.
Outdated, slow, and messy website designs will deter customers. The design of your website affects the way potential customers view your business, and whether or not they ultimately decide to choose your business.
Four signs needed for Website Redesign:
1. Low Conversion Rate
Did you know that a conversion rate can tell you how well your website is going? A low conversion rate might be your sign that you need to invest in a website redesign.
Why does your website have a low conversion rate? Well, a common reason is that the site isn’t making a good first impression. It can also indicate that your visitors might not be able to find the information they need on your website. You might also need to clarify the main pain points of your target audience. If you don’t demonstrate how your business can solve the problems that your customers have, your customers will seek out other companies.
A website redesign can improve your conversion rate. It can help your website capture the attention of your target audience and therefore convert more of your visitors into customers.
2. High Bounce Rate
How do the people who come to your website interact with it? Do your visitors click through multiple pages on your website? Or do they just look at the homepage, and then leave?
The bounce rate captures this information as it records the percentage of visitors that went to a single web page only. A high bounce rate is an indication that your landing page is not impressing your users or that you are not demonstrating how your business can help your customers.
A high bounce rate can be result of:
- Unsuitable content: If the content on your site isn’t relevant or interesting, then there is a high chance your site visitors will look elsewhere for better content.
- Poor user experience: If your website is hard to navigate, if content loads slowly, or if your messaging is inconsistent, it can affect the user experience. Your website can quickly become frustrating to navigate, which means your visitors won’t bother staying on your site.
- Technical errors: Technical errors will come up every now and again. If your website has a high bounce rate, it can be due to broken links or plugins that have stopped working. If your website has a high bounce rate, it may be a sign that you need a website redesign.
3. Not Up-To-Date
Your website should reflect your brand and your message. If the information on your website is old and outdated, then it might not represent your business in the most optimal way.
Archived promotions, blogs, or even old contact details can confuse your visitors. As a result, they may have a poor experience and lose trust in you and your business. Moreover, if your website is not up-to-date, Google may classify your site as ‘low quality’. This can affect the way that you rank on Google compared to your competitors. Updating the information on your website is part of the process of a website redesign.
4. Not SEO Friendly
Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) determines how well your website ranks on Google. If people can’t find your business, how will they interact with your products and services?
A website redesign can help ensure your website is more SEO-friendly. This will draw traffic to your website, and help you rank better on search engine results pages. There are several benefits of having a SEO-friendly website:
- It increases organic traffic as SEO-friendly websites will rank higher on Google.
- It improves brand credibility as businesses located on the first page of the search results are often more trusted by the public.
- A business that can easily be found on Google is more cost-effective as it can reduce the amount needed for advertising.